Note: The Welch News has lifted the paywall on this continually updating list in order to provide information to the citizens of McDowell County. Please consider a digital subscription to support vital local reports.
The Welch News is currently compiling a list of all businesses and organizations facing changes in service hours. Reach out to us by phone at (304) 436-3144 ext. 23; email [email protected]; or contact us on Facebook @TheWelchNews to include any we miss.
County and Town Offices:
•Town of Kimball will be open Monday through Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
• Town of Bradshaw’s Town Hall, Library, and Gym will be closing for at least two weeks effective March 17, 2020. Essential services such as police, trash, etc. will still be carried out. No one will be at Town Hall to take payments. Mail bills and payments to: Town of Bradshaw P.O. Box 450 Bradshaw, WV 24817. Community Room bookings will be refunded or rescheduled.
• The City of Welch announced City Hall and the Jack Caffrey Center will be closed to the public until further notice.
• The City of Gary’s offices will not be open to the public until further notice. Operational hours are still the same and the City may be contacted via telephone. Any future payments may be mailed in.
• McDowell County PSD will close their office to the public today. Customer payments can be made by phone, by mail, or placed in the drop box at the PSD Office in Coalwood, WV. Office staff will be available from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Closure of the office will not result in an interruption of service. Please call (304) 297-2622.
• McDowell County Public Library – all libraries will be suspending all programs until March 30th. Both libraries are currently scheduled to remain open during their regularly scheduled hours.
• The McDowell County Division of Motor Vehicles will be closed to the public until further notice. A full list of online services may be found by visiting: dmv.wv.gov.
•McDowell County Commission on Aging – Welch and Bradshaw Senior Centers Dining Room Congregate Dining will be suspended effective 3/18/20. We will be offering grab and go meals for seniors age 60+ at noon at each center. Those seniors who are normally transported by us to the Centers will have the option for temporary home meal delivery. We will be providing senior medical, pharmacy and shopping transportation. In-Home Care Services (Lighthouse, FAIR, Respite, Housekeeping, Personal Care, Waiver) will continue with our personal care workers screening before entering the home. Meals on Wheels Routes will continue. If mobile and able, we ask that seniors meet the drivers at their home’s door.
• Pioneer Community Bank announced they would close to the public, providing banking access through drive-thrus and by appointment.
• MCNB Banks announced bank lobbies would be closed to the public, but drive thru and online service would continue.
• Council of the Southern Mountains will temporarily suspend Bill Pay, Money Gram and Tax preparation effective March 17, 2020. The plan is to restart these services on April 1, 2020. CSM Fitness Center is shut down indefinitely effective March 16, 2020. Memberships will be extended to make up for the closure.
• B&K Cafe – Delivery and Carry-Out only. Deliveries available all day, no delivery fee.
• Wendy’s – Pick-up window and drive-thru is open.
• Bradshaw/Yukon Medical Clinic – is open and treating patients. Wait times could be longer than usual.
• Sunamco Market – Jolo and Perkins Camp – for the elderly or those with underlying conditions through CDC guidelines, call the store to place your order and the items will be brought to your vehicle.
• Grants Supermarket – Senior Only (60+) shopping hours 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. until further notice
• Marquee Cinemas, all locations, are temporarily closed. We will continue to evaluate the situation as it evolves and make adjustments accordingly.