Effective immediately, the McDowell County Courthouse will be open for emergencies only and you must call for an appointment before coming. Each office will be working with limited staff.
• County Clerk’s Office, 304-436-8544
• Tax Office, 304-436-8538
• Assessor’s Office, 304-436-8528
• Circuit Clerk’s Office, 304-436-8533
• Prosecutor’s Office, 304-436-8551
• County Commission, 304-436-8548/8558
• Alternative Sentencing, 304-436-9012
• Home Confinement, 304-436-9010
Visitors are asked to please not visit the Courthouse if showing any similar symptoms of influenza or COVID-19 (coronavirus), including fever, cough and/or shortness of breath.
The County Commission is taking precautions to protect both the employees and the public, encouraging everyone to follow CDC guidelines closely to slow the spread of COVID-19. The County Commission has also increased sanitation practices which includes stringent disinfecting and cleaning.
Tax payments can be mailed to McDowell County Sheriff’s Tax Office, 90 Wyoming Street, Suite 117, Welch, WV 24801.
This will be re-evaluated by the Commission on Friday, March 27th, 2020 .